Businesses depend on the collection and organization of data to make strategic decisions and to review trends. Having reports that accurately reflect business information is critical to the process of sound decision making. Accurate operational data is a key competitive advantage to any reporting tool. Testing of extracts, transform, and load (ETL) applications is foundational to ensuring the report quality. However, the practicality of 100% Data Warehouse testing is not always feasible. Having a report testing strategy that focuses on extraction, transformation, and loading components ensures that all types of data behave as expected and that reports reflect dependable business information. We can help your company:
- Increase Application Quality – Test earlier, smarter, and faster by leveraging SQA Solution’s experienced Report Testing resources throughout your development cycle.
- Accelerate Time-to-Market – Find critical issues earlier, which prevents delays that are caused by issues normally found late in the cycle. Bugs detected and fixed early are less expensive, keeping your project quality up and costs down.
- Minimize Testing Costs – Pay only for what you need with our SQA Solution On-Demand delivery model. This allows you to tailor your testing solutions so you can focus your budget dollars where they’re most needed.
SQA Solution’s report testing and validation expertise can help you implement a strategy that is comprehensive and scalable for your project. Our outsourced testing model involves On-Demand testing resources and testing consulting services. We work with you to define what’s needed and when it’s needed. We bring you a report testing approach that includes validation that the reports meet user requirements, and that the underlining data warehouse is built to support them. Our report testing and validation includes:
- Data Completeness – Comparing total counts between the source and target, comparing unique values, and utilizing the data profiling tool to show the range of value distributions of fields in the data set.
- Data Transformation – Validate Business Rules by setting the test data, use ETL automation to populate large data sets, validate the ETL-generated fields such as surrogate keys, validate parent-to-child relationship, and referential integrity.
- Data Quality – Validate Boundary Conditions, Validate Lookup Fields, Negative conditions.
- Data Aggregation – Run the reports to ensure correct data aggregations and selections on the front end.
- Data Recovery – Generate the failure scenarios for records to verify that, after the failure record has been recovered, we can observe the expected behavior on the front end.
- Scalability – Generate performance benchmarks and compare jobs performance based on different loads. Help the DB team to tune and optimize the performance accordingly.
View Case Studies
To view case studies, please complete your information below:
SQA Solution’s consultants have expertise and experience testing reporting technologies such as Business Objects, Crystal, and Microstrategy, to name a few. Our consultants will analyze your testing requirements and prepare a test plan. We can either prepare your team for test execution or perform the test execution for you. We ensure that Syntax (parse) of all the objects, joins, and predefined conditions in the universe are verified, validating that no loops or orphan tables exist, and that there are no gaps within contexts.
How SQA Solution Can Help You
Want to learn more about how SQA Solution can help you to create and implement your organization’s Reporting test strategy? Contact Us to get detailed information about what’s included in our services.