Is traditional scripted functional testing the only way to thoroughly validate software? According to many experts in the software testing industry, the answer is, “No, it’s not the only way.” In fact, in terms of finding important defects, Exploratory Test Validation (ETV), similar to Ad Hoc Testing, is a powerful technique. At SQA Solution, we use it to uncover critical bugs that would otherwise be left unfound using scripted testing alone. Furthermore, with the increased adoption of Agile methodologies, ETV is becoming more commonly used. Our QA experts can assist you to:
- Increase Application Quality – Test earlier, smarter, and faster by leveraging SQA Solution’s experienced testing resources throughout your development cycle.
- Accelerate Time-to-Market – Find critical issues earlier, which prevents delays that are caused by issues normally found late in the cycle. Bugs detected and fixed early are less expensive, keeping your project quality up and costs down.
- Minimize Testing Costs – Pay only for what you need with our SQA Solution On-Demand delivery model. This allows you to tailor your testing solutions so you can focus your budget dollars where they’re most needed.
SQA Solution is experienced in addressing the challenges associated with implementing ETV, including the implementation of effective test measurement. Management and stakeholders are always interested in testing progress. They require meaningful reporting and metrics related to coverage, execution, and results. To address this, SQA Solution leverages Session Based Test Management (SBTM). This is an approach developed by James Bach for Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard in 1999, where test design and execution are combined into a structured and continuous process.
Similar to Bach’s methodologies, SQA Solution can help your organization develop a strategy to implement and execute ETV in a measured and organized way, which allows your testing team and stakeholders to get the most value from the test effort.
An SBTM cycle can be structured in the following way:
- Charter – Set a clear mission for the testing session that includes: desired coverage, how to test, and what to look for.
- Time Box – Define a fixed duration for the testing session. The duration must be brief enough for accurate reporting, flexible scheduling, and corrections. It must also be long enough for thorough testing and debriefings.
- Review Results – The review includes: evaluating bugs, and learning from the testing and coverage areas.
- Debriefing – Compile results, compare accomplishments to the charter, and determine if additional testing is needed.
View Case Studies
To view case studies, please complete your information below:
SQA Solution’s consultants are skilled at evaluating an organization’s testing processes and methodologies. We know how to find new ways to build upon and improve software quality assurance best practices, including implementing a solid ETV phase on your next project.
With resources in the US, Ukraine, India, and Canada, SQA Solution’s consultants provide testing expertise that can be hired on-site to augment your team or as an outsourced model. Our team has technical skills, business knowledge, and extensive experience testing applications and systems for a wide range of industries.
How SQA Solution Can Help You
Want to learn more about how SQA Solution can help you to create and implement your organization’s Exploratory Test Validation strategy? Contact Us to get detailed information about what’s included in our services.