Source to Target Testing
SQA Solution’s report validation experts can help you implement a strategy that is comprehensive and scalable for your project. Our outsourced testing model involves On-Demand testing resources and testing consulting services. We work with you to define what’s needed and when it’s needed. We bring you a report testing approach that includes validation, meets user requirements, and ensures that the underlining data warehouse is built to support them. In short, we provide expert Source to Target Testing that includes validating:
- Data Completeness – Comparing total counts between source and target, comparing unique values, utilizing data profiling tool to show range of value distributions of fields in the data set.
- Data Transformation – Validate Business Rules by setting the test data, use ETL automation to populate large data sets, validate the ETL-generated fields such as surrogate keys, validate parent to child relationship and referential integrity.
- Data Quality – Validate Boundary Conditions, Validate Lookup Fields, Negative conditions.
- Data Aggregation – Run the reports to ensure correct data aggregations and selections on the front end.
- Data Recovery – Generate the failure scenarios for records to verify that after the failure record has been recovered and we can observe the expected behavior on the front end.
- Scalability – Generate performance benchmarks and compare jobs performance based on different loads. Helps the DB team to tune and optimize the performance accordingly.
SQA Solution’s consultants have expertise and experience testing reporting technologies such as Business Objects, Crystal, and Microstrategy, to name a few. Our consultants will analyze your testing requirements, prepare a test plan and can either prepare your team for test execution or perform it for you. We ensure that Syntax (parse) of all the objects, joins, and predefined conditions in the universe are verified validating that no loops or orphan tables exist and that there are no gaps within contexts.
How SQA Solution Can Help You
Want to learn more about how SQA Solution can help you to create and implement your organization’s Reporting test strategy? Contact Us to get detailed information about what’s included in our services. Request a quote from us today!