Data is a foundational aspect of most organizations. This is why there is an increasing focus on supporting database management systems, which are integrated with multiple applications and a large number of users. Databases support multiple functionality, stored procedures and functions, and are invaluable in decision making processes. Therefore, the need for quality and ongoing robust processes is imperative. Maintaining data integrity should be a high priority for IT personnel.
- Testing earlier, smarter, and faster – Increase Reliability by implementing a rigorous database testing strategy to ensure appropriate read and write executions store and retrieve the data correctly making critical information more reliable
- Finding critical issues earlier – Perform database testing on database schemas and inspecting the database during construction, after modification and, most importantly, the test phase at the end of the project development life cycle.
- Pay only for what you need – Minimize testing costs leveraging SQA Solution’s On-Demand delivery model allowing you to tailor your testing solution to focus your budget dollars where they’re most needed.
SQA Solution’s consultants understand the importance of testing databases. Our engineers perform data validation on different levels of database abstractions, such as data-warehouses, data-marts, and data-vaults. Validation includes testing from data inserts into a database and tracing transactions back to the database as well as verification that the right triggers are executed leveraging database testing tools.
- Data Completeness – Comparing total counts between source and target, comparing unique values, utilizing data profiling tool to show range of value distributions of fields in the data set.
- Data Transformation – Validate Business Rules by setting the test data, use ETL automation to populate large data sets, validate the ETL-generated fields such as surrogate keys, validate parent to child relationship and referential integrity
- Data Quality – Validate Boundary Conditions, Validate Lookup Fields, Negative conditions.
- Scalability – Generate performance benchmarks and compare jobs performance based on different loads. Help DB team to tune and optimize the performance accordingly.
SQA Solution’s consultants have expertise working with many databases such as MySQL, MS SQL, Oraclem, Sybase, DB2, to name a few. Our consultants will analyze your schema prepare a set of test scripts and execute them. We ensure that all data is properly inserted, and all the right triggers and stored procedures have been run. We validate that all the views are properly created and show the right data.
How SQA Solution Can Help You
Want to learn more about how SQA Solution can help you to create and implement your organization’s Reporting test strategy? Contact Us to get detailed information about what’s included in our services. Request a quote from us today!