Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Testing
The nature of SOA-based applications calls for testing strategies and a toolset that includes different approaches to testing. Traditional testing strategies that were used before may not be adequate to test these SOA-based systems anymore. Even though they may not be sufficient, there are some open source and commercial tools to aid some part of testing SOA-based applications. However, there are no evaluation criteria in place to assess these tools and find out if they provide the facilities that are needed to fully test SOA-based applications.
Why SQA Solution for SOA Testing?
- Dedicated SOA Center of Excellence (CoE): We have a dedicated CoE, which focuses on addressing your testing needs and works to ensure cost optimization, quality product delivery and a robust SOA testing.
- Training and certifications: Our offering leverages our Trainings to periodically train our associates (SOA testers and architects) on toolsets such as SoapUi Pro.
- Reusable library: We leverage our domain expertise to build a reusable library of SOA methods.
Services We Provide
SOA testing relies on conceptualized test beds close to the end-user environments, a UI for testing, adherence to compliance, and unified testing platforms.
SQA Solution can help with:
- Set up a SOA test team to deliver testing activities ranging from identifying the right set of SOA testing tools to execution.
- Set up test automation and virtualization CoEs across various business units/enterprises.
SOA Testing Solution
We perform both unit testing as well as end-to-end testing of services. Our approach segregates complex architectures into smaller manageable components at the service level. We test these isolated services against functional, performance, compliance, and security related requirements. The services that are tested in silos are then integrated to ensure complete and comprehensive testing.This approach phase helps mitigate the service and component-level challenges. The ‘Integration’ phase finds integration-level challenges. And in performance, security, and compliance testing stages we focus on non-functional challenges at both service and component level.
Our SOA Testing solution will help you in the following:
- Mitigate IT and business risks with end-to-end business process validation based on real life use cases.
- Effectively use the available testing window to reduce the dependency on system availability and enable early testing through the use of stubs and message or service simulators.
- Maximize ROI in testing with the help of our test automation framework and appropriate test tools that aid continuous component, integration, and regression testing.
- Deliver quality excellence and test efficiency with the help of our well-defined SOA testing methodology , that helps deliver quality at all levels across the enterprise architecture.
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a way of designing, developing, deploying, and managing enterprise systems where business needs and technical solutions are closely aligned. SOA offers a number of potential benefits, such as cost-efficiency and agility. However, adopting SOA is not without considerable challenges. For example, the most common way to implement a SOA-based system is with Web services, but the standards that define Web services are evolving rapidly and many of the Web services tools are still somewhat immature. There is also the question of how to leverage existing legacy assets within a SOA context. Perhaps most importantly, there are serious challenges related to the testing of SOA-based systems that must be addressed before the SOA paradigm will enjoy broad-based success.
While web services offer extensive flexibility and cost advantages, this ease of integration can come with a price. With each new web service connection you add to the mix, you create another point of failure in a business workflow. Many of the web services you leverage may be developed by other groups, or even other companies, so all of the moving parts may not be under your control.
Further, web services are used to build dynamic applications that do not come with a set user interface. You can build one or more web interfaces that talk to a web service, but to directly validate SOAP objects in development, your teams must typically code a “test client” and maintain fragile testing scripts.
How SQA Solution Can Help You
Want to learn more about how SQA Solution can help you to create and implement your organization’s automation strategy? Contact Us to get detailed information about what’s included in our services.