Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is SQA Solution?
SQA Solution is a Software Testing and QA company specializing in QA outsourcing, QA Staffing and QA Training. Our educational program consists of classes and workshops on some of the most relevant skills demanded by technology companies in the 21st century: Software Quality Assurance and Testing.
All our classes are compatible with regular work schedules, and our classrooms are conveniently located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, near Colma BART station and freeway I-280, with plenty of free parking for those driving. This is not your traditional lecture class! Expect a healthy mix of group work, hackathons, one-on-ones with mentors, and a hands-on experience testing a product from beginning to end.
The instructors are professionals with real-world experience working at renowned tech companies like Salesforce and Genentech, and other technology start ups.
We have assembled a list of local hiring partners who are eagerly looking for our top students.
+ What is the salary for QA?
According to Glassdoor.com, the median salary for a QA in the San Francisco Bay Area is $95K.
+ What will the program be like?
- Bootcamp modules. Short modules covering both the technical and non-technical skills necessary to succeed in the QA industry.
- Office hours with mentor QA. One-on-one sessions with our mentors to review your portfolio and aid with your job search. All our mentors are professionals with real-world experience working at renowned tech companies like Google, Salesforce and Genentech, and other technology start-ups.
- Build a portfolio project to showcase your test automation and QA talents. Employers are naturally skeptical, and it’s always better to show than to tell. We’ll guide you through building a portfolio of test cases using the skills and techniques used industry-wide.
+ What kind of technical skills will I learn?
The program builds on your QA knowledge and provides you with the skills needed to quickly have large industry impact. During this course, you’ll learn Java,WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Frameworks, Linux, SQL, TDD and more!
+ What kind of soft skills will I learn?
Succeeding in the industry is as much about soft skills as about technical ones. We will cover all the basics:
- Communication skills. Academics and people in the industry communicate in very different ways. We’ll work with you to teach you common QA terms and communication style.
- Networking. Meeting people is really important for your career, but there are half a dozen subtle mistakes that young professionals frequently make. We’ll help you to avoid them.
- Practice interviews. Technical interviews can be notoriously tough. We’ll help you prepare so that you know what to expect.
+ What is the time commitment?
The training consists of a 6 week course with classes held 4 times a week in our Daly City classroom (140 San Pedro Rd, Daly City, CA 94014). The total duration of the course is 123 hours.
In addition to the classes, plan on spending at least 15 hours outside of the classroom each week working on homework assignments related to your project.
Students will develop their own portfolio from beginning to end, and will be able to present them to a recruiting manager at a job interview.
+ Who is encouraged to apply?
We welcome applications from anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area who knows how to test. The program is geared towards helping you make a transition from Manual Black Box Testing to White Box Testing and Test Automation, and we are looking for candidates who want to get a new job within three months of completing the course.
+ What is included in the tuition price?
The tuition of $3,000 includes:
- Access to our classes and events during the 6 weeks of training
- Lifetime access to our online course materials library
- Lifetime access to our network of Hiring Partners, Mentors and Alumni
- Snacks and refreshments in our break room every night
- Continental breakfast and pizza for lunch on Saturdays!