E-Marketing firm that specializing in building sites for the automotive industry.
The Client wanted their site ready for high traffic during Super Bowl weekend when there the count of simultaneous users was expected to exceed current performance capacity. Limits and performance benchmarks during expected peak use needed to be established to allow for adequate performance tuning because the competition is just clicks away. Without enough in-house testing resources, an outside vendor who could perform on-demand Performance, Load, and Stress Testing services was needed.
Our client turned to SQA Solution for our extensive experience in Load, Stress, and Performance Testing as well as system tuning. Because the site was built on Flash, we proposed to use Load Runner for Load and Stress testing.
The first step was to create use cases and user flows for testing. We developed eight test cases to be tested and our Performance Test Engineer developed data-driven scripts in Load Runner using isolated excel spreadsheets allowing us to run tests with different data sets. Once the scripts were prepared, a test back-end environment was set up to mimic production capacity along with several cloud hosts to generate client requests. We started running scripts with 10 users and added users incremented by 10 every two minutes until peak was reached allowing us to see performance degradation. We captured:
- Response times for entire transaction.
- Server metrics such as CPU utilization, memory usage, and queue length.
- Relevant database metrics such as CPU utilization, memory usage, recompilations, buffer cache, hit ration, and queue length.
SQA Solution identified several performance bottlenecks and memory leaks that were addressed by development team. We collected:
- Transaction response time.
- Number of users passed/failed.
- Number of transactions passed.
The rest results allowed the team to performance tune so that when we re-ran the scripts to validate performance, scalability, and stability of the application for 15,000 concurrent users.
- Improved Customer Experience – Client team was not impacted by the test, since all testing was done on SQA Solution’s servers.
- Reduced Costs – Client saved time and money on load and performance testing leveraging on-demand services.
- Expertise – Client successfully handled more than 230,000 requests on the super bowl week end.
“SQA Solution helped us prepared for more than 230,000 requests on the super bowl week-end.”
—Development Manager, eMarkerting firm, California.
For more on how SQA Solution can help your company improve testing processes, check us out online at www.renttesters.com or call 1.888.789.1482.